Monday, February 15, 2010

So I've heard it quite a few times in the last few months that I'm missing out on a lot of "experiences" in life. I've been giving it a lot of thoughts and been retrospective on the "experiences" that I've had so far in my life, and to be honest, I don't think they've been that bad. Just because I haven't been to the Louvre and seen the Mona Lisa, been to the Sistine Chapel, been skydiving, snow skiing, seen the sunset in a resort on a tropical island, or gone mountain biking for hours on end.

While the "experiences" I've been through, so far in my life, don't even remotely measure up to any of those previously mentioned, I don't think I've short changed myself at all. There are some days I feel like I needed or wanted to do more, but I've experienced almost the full spectrum of human emotion that someone my age could experience. Well, minus the whole marriage and having a kid emotions. Other than that though, I've been through it all and have had a lot of fun in the process as well.

My range of "experiences" and emotions are a little bit skewed because I started working at a pretty early age...14. I understand that's not unheard of, but its a choice I made mainly to get closer to my dad. Was it the right choice? Hell if I know, but it did set me up with a work ethic that's gotten me an extremely well paying job. A job that tends to lead to very long hours when we get busy, but that's with any job right? And, at least I get overtime pay pay too...

I've had my fair share (read: a metric fuckton) of drunken experiences, and they're still climbing. From temporarily dead stripper night, 10 shots of Triple Sec in under 5 minutes night, drink 12 beers in an hour night, drink for more than 10 hours steadily, drink numerous cases of beer while coming up with "drinking games" while playing video games, the usual "get trashed off your ass and call the girl you had just recently went out on a 'date' with and cuss her out", and the ever popular "get thrown out of a party because I was talking 'normal' and everyone else didn't like my tone. There are a lot more, but those are my favorites off the top of my head. Obviously, everyone has these moments but, to me, you can't live your life without these "experiences".

I've experienced love, which to me at the time, at its purest form. And, within that "love" I had the experience to know what it feels like to be expecting a child. Then, in almost, the same instant knowing what it feels like to lose that child. Let me tell you, its a kick in the balls or gut, that nobody deserves once...let alone multiple times. That is like being on the top of Everest and then finding yourself at the bottom faster than you would ever think. Then finding out that you lost the baby and the person you loved in the same breath takes you to the lowest low that leads you to the the drunken experiences (see above) that leaves you spiraling out of control. Hell, while I'm talking about it I've lost two kids but the second time was with someone I didn't "love" but it doesn't make it any easier to fucking deal with. Enough of this shit...

Maybe a little more at a later date and time. I've "opened" up enough the last two days and, to be honest, it feels a bit strange to me. Another beer, another day...

1 comment:

  1. Aaron..again. You've moved me to tears. Your words about loosing a child..multiple times just reverberated with me..It is the hardest thing I've ever had to do. I just want to hug you. And who gives a shit about the "experiences"? Your life is just that..yours. If you're happy, thats all that matters. Also, I heart this heart on your sleeve side of you =)

    ReplyDelete